General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/670, effective 25th May. 2018
This data privacy statement sets out how National Tape Sales Limited (NTS) uses and protects any information that employees, customers and suppliers give to National Tape Sales Limited via any communication methods.
As an approved customer or supplier, we have a central system that stores your data so that we can keep a record of whom we do business with and to ensure you receive the best possible service from us.
National Tape Sales Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy and that your data is protected. We will ensure that we meet all GDPR rules and regulations.
We may collect the following information:
Address / Eircode
Company Phone / Sales contact number
Details of our agreement
Purchase Orders / Delivery Note
Credit Application Forms
Who is collecting the data?
The employees of National Tape Sales Limited will collect your data when you become a customer or supplier.
Why is the data being collected?
We aim to deliver the best possible service to all customers. In the case of a repeat order or any enquires when you contact our support team, we can pull up your details and ensure your query is dealt with as quick and efficiently as possible. We pride ourselves on great customer service.
We may occasionally send you promotional offers or draw your attention / notify you of changes to our products or services.
How is the data being collected?
The information you supply will be collected when you complete our new customer account form. Information is then gathered gradually through time, but rest assured, we only gather information which is needed by National Tape Sales Limited to ensure your account information is up to date.
Who is the information shared with?
We may share your information with agents/ contractors of National Tape Sales Limited in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for or with National Tape Sales Limited. These include but are not limited to providers of legal services, third party experts, or accountants, financial and tax advisors in Ireland.
Our agents, contractors are restricted from using your data in any way other than to provide services for National Tape Sales Limited.
We take our data security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures. We change our administrative passwords regularly and have restricted access to our network drives which are password protected. All our servers, including our backup servers are firewall protected, along with our desktops/ laptops onsite which are connected to our firewall system.
All paper files we may have are filed securely for as long any retention required by law.
Any information you send us through email / post is done so at your own risk.
Under GDPR you have the right to:
- Obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data we hold about you and information about how we process it;
- Require us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you;
- Require, in certain circumstances, erasure of your personal data;
- Require us, in certain circumstances, to restrict our data processing activities;
- Obtain from us the personal data you have provided to us in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller;
- Object to our use of your personal data based on our legitimate interests, on grounds relating to your specific situation;
- Withdraw your consent, where our use of your personal data is based on that consent; and
- Complain to the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office, which can investigate compliance with data protection law and has enforcement powers, if you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data.
8.2 Please contact us in writing using the contact details below if you would like to action any of your above rights above. You should note that these rights are not absolute, and we may be entitiled (or required) to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Changes to this Privacy Notice:
We may update this Privacy Notice in line with changes to how we process personal date. We will publish any new version of the Privacy Notice on the Website and, where appropriate, will provide you with a copy.
How to contact us:
Please write to us at the address below or email email@example.com
National Tape Sales Limited
General Data Protection Regulation,
Units 12 / 13 Oak Road Business Park,
Dublin12. D12 T688.